Story Of A Nurse


I am 30 years old and a student of nursing. Thanksgiving 2020 has gone from exciting to creepy for me. It started with the fact that I passed the exam at 86%, spent before Thanksgiving with my boyfriend and his family (he was leaving for the Cal Fire base). It was that night before Thanksgiving that I spent at my brothers' house. I left for home at about 8 am. I woke up exhausted, but my mental state became manic, I woke up and wanted to surprise my sister from me and her children. Since she did not answer, in my manic state I decided to go to her house.

It was a fun day with lots of food, drink and dancing. I love it! At about 6:00 pm, I planned a trip to my boyfriends temporary home. We had a bit of a fight, as I told him, since it was a 3 hour drive, I leave around 1 am. He disagreed with this, as he thought it would be too late to go to a dark room in the countryside; which prompted me to remind him, "I grew up." (Error) He was a little nervous and upset. However, later we agreed on my arrival. The holiday continued with my sisters. Alcoholic entertainment, Thanksgiving family photos and food. At about 11 pm I decided to take a nap, but my manic brain decided to take a shower.

Because I needed help with the shower and trying to style my hair, I went to bed around midnight.

I decided to sleep until 1 am, but eventually passed out during this time. I set the alarm to wake up at 1 am, but of course I overslept. I woke up at 3:30 am when my sister asked me, "Why didn't you leave?" I woke up and desperately hurried out of her house.

I left my phone and I had to turn around and go back. As soon as I took out my phone, I was driving a second time, I ended up going the WRONG WAY as I got the two cities mixed up because they both started with "CH". Once the GPS was turned on and I realized I was going in the wrong direction, I was on my way. The first hour seemed disappointing as at the time I thought I had left my vape pens. (Thanks to my sister who told me that I left my pens, that she meant real pens ... not her fault, but mine) (although two days later I found vape pens in my purse 🤦🏾‍♀️) 

As soon as I drove out of town or Sacramento, I entered the race in the Silverado which was filmed and my jealousy that I was driving an SUV is superior to a beautiful truck, I decided to take part in the race until I hit 120 miles per hour for about 10 kilometers per hour. minutes and decided it wasn't worth the ticket. At the time, it was just me, Silverado and another Ford on the road. After about 5 minutes, the Silverado turned off. Now it was just me and my fellow Ford left in the dark countryside. During the trip, I noticed that Ford was on my side, and at some point it seemed to me that he was close enough on the right side to hit me.

Due to my blindness in the dark, I was more focused on getting it done safely, rather than a car that seemed to even cut off other cars to be on my side (it was only a two-lane road in one direction, so you you can see why it didn't bother). We got to a small town, which meant driving 3-5 miles down the main street through the stoplights. At some point, I thought: "Dam, I hate when people are near me." It annoyed me, but after two floodlights the Ford turned off and I felt a little childish about it. Two to three lights when I walked through the green light

It was the same car, and at that moment my body began to shake as the car made sure it was on my right again, this time keeping up with me. My head began to hurt, and at first I did not understand that I was seized by fear. Why is this car going back to Main Street? There are only 3 cars left, and he is next to me. " The hit-or-flight response started to sneak up on me and I didn't want to turn my head as if I noticed.

At that moment, I didn't want to call my boyfriend; “What if I'm just paranoid? I used to travel long distances alone at night ... is there still alcohol in my body? My boyfriend and mom will lose him if I call them. Why is this happening? Don't panic ... ”At that moment, I saw the light turn yellow as we approached us side by side. My brain began to rationalize and thought, “Don't panic, stay calm, ignore the headache. When the green light turns on, stay, see if it goes away ... ”We approached the light and stopped. The light seemed much longer than the others.

I looked at Ford's friend on the side of me. The windows were slightly darkened, but I could see the hat and the person looking at me, then after a few seconds I looked at the light and peered out my passenger window again. My head and heart become one, both in pain and in fear. Then the light turned green, two cars were following us, but I held the brakes, I did not move, and I did not see his car drove into the intersection.

I turned my head to look and now I could see more of the face of the man under the hat looking at me. I took off slowly to gather my courage, and, it seems, was not frightened, and he, too, without losing my pace, slowly passing the intersection. I could hear the car beeping behind us, and it sounded like a light switch. In the distance, I saw a truck in the light of the last traffic light, driving across the chasm of a rural road that was just a single lane road. I decided to speed up to make the final light. But his friend Ford, too, kept up with my pace.

He seemed to be trying to cut me off, but I hit 65 mph. The trucks were going slowly, and now he was behind me and so close that I could not see his full headlights. In a panic, I pulled off the side of the road to pull over to overtake the truck; he too. When I noticed that he had overtaken the truck and was still just as close to it; I spotted a second truck, I hit 90 mph and headed left where there was incoming traffic to cut off the truck. My rationalization was to speed up and even if stopped I would be safe (I was hoping).

I turned off the big truck and started to pick up speed, now I can see far behind me through the rearview mirror. on the opposite alley and from behind the trees to the right, the Ford seemed to crash into the alley and pull out of it. He tried to randomly shut down the truck. By this point, even the headlights of the trucks were far behind me; I hit 120mph and continued it effortlessly as I have experience driving fast and my adrenaline to “flying” relieved it (I was still shaking and crying and the headache was bearable).

After about 5-10 minutes I slowed down to 80 mph and then to 65 mph after about 30 minutes. An hour later, I stopped at a store that seemed to have a lot of customers, which prompted me to stop, as I was paranoid and could not be 100% sure that the same Ford was not around. I went to the store for food and coffee, but my appetite was gone, so I decided to drink coffee and smoke. When I entered the store, I saw that both customers and employees looked at me with wide eyes, and then with sadness, which made me embarrassed.I was shaking and my makeup was spreading over my face from crying, and I am sure I looked like I was getting out of the drug due to the fact that my sympathetic nerve was transferring its hard work to the parasympathetic nerve (I was going down the adrenaline). I went to pay for the coffee and asked for a smoke, but the shaking made it difficult for me to enter my PIN for my debit card; I had to try it three times. I went back to the car in fear, my head hit my ears, I hoped that the tobacco would calm me down. The smoke seems to calm me down a little, but the shaking and headache continue bearable.

The sun rose and I was almost there. I was still shaking, I was still upset, and I cried, and again. Of course when I got to my boyfriend; he could feel it and was able to get the truth from me. I saw that he was upset, but he tried to comfort me. With hugs, kisses and reassuring rest so I can calm down. It was hard to study that day, the headache did not subside, and

I stayed in bed. My boyfriend decided that I would no longer drive late at night, and even made sure that I stayed in his apartment until he left with me. In a few days it is dark outside and I am afraid to go outside. I would like to hear. 30 years old or not, but no one, man or woman, should think that you can go to the village at night. There are crazy ........